Friday, July 11, 2008

A week after the 4th



I can't believe that the 4th of July was here and gone. With our new shift I was able to have it off. I drove up and had the 4th with my family. We had a big dinner spread with BBQ chicken and ribs and all the other fixing that go along with 4th. Bev had to make two strawberry rhubarb pies. She made the first one on Thursday night, I told her it would not last until Friday I was right. She had to come home from work and make another they were other wonderfully good.
Then came the fireworks. I got to help Tony and my dad let them off. We were and trying to light 3 fireworks off at a time. Sometimes we did and most of the time I missed up and did not get mine light in time. I will tell you one thing it was a blast.


On with way home I stop at Apple Yarns. I got to check out their new store. I also had to buy some new yarn. I did get some knitting done while I was up at Mom and Dad's house. Now I have one sock done. I've cast on for the next one but I haven't started knitting it yet. We've been very busy cleaning the house getting ready for family to show up. Kristina and Kirstin will be here in one more week. YIPPY. That is it for now, I will try my hardest to write more later.

No comments: