Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Magic Loop


I finished my first Magic Loop Sock the other day. Yesterday I started working on the second sock to see if I remembered how to do all the steps before the last class on Saturday. This sock has gone together a lot easier than the first. I can't believe that I was intimidated by the magic loop. I can understand why we used worsted weight sock yarn, it knits up fast.

I've been also working on some baby booties. I first saw them on Yarn Pirates blog. I went to the book store looking Last-Minute Knitted gifts and they did not have it. So I went home and logged on to Amazon.com and bought the book. Then on Saturday before class I bought some Lorna's Lace Angel (70% Angora 30% ) in Yellowstone. This is another pattern that knits up fast.

I also found this pattern that I want to work on. It is out of Interweave Knit Holiday Gifts issue. The pattern is called Koolhaas Hats. It calls for 100% Yak yarn. I don't think so. There is no way Yak yarn is going on my head and I'm not going to buy it either. The good this is the yarn store recommended Rowan Wool Cotton in tender. They said that it should show off the cable in the design. The gauge is smaller then the yak yarn but all they said to do is to knit down. I have to first finish the magic loop sock so I can start working on the hat. My wish list is growing and growing. It has been nice having a vacation that I'm not going any where. I can stay home or go some where and also I can just sit on the coach watch movies and knit.







No comments: